YAAAAAAY MOTHER NATURE!!!!!
- Use Earthday.org to find an Earth Day event in your area. There is usually local food, bands and games for the whole family!
- Plant a tree. This may seem so cliche but it is honestly the best thing anyone can do for the environment. It reduces both air and water pollution, what could be better than that?
- Go lights out. Basically turn everything in your house/apartment out. Lights, TV, computers. Unplug everything. Just for an hour. It doesn't even have to be at night. Read a book instead, or even better, go out side. See how long you can last with no electricity!
- Donate old clothes. Instead of just throwing away those old t-shirts and having them end up in dumpster, reuse them! Donate!
- Replace regular light bulbs with CFLs. There used to be a huge stigma against these light bulbs, but their quality has dramatically increased in the past few years. And they really do save you tons.
- Just beeeeee in the environment. Go to a park. Sit and people watch. Just learn to appreciate what you have around you.
- Walk to work, the grocery store, to school.. wherever! Help your pocket book too since gas is going up to $5 a gallon soon!
- Turn down your water heater. This is huge for homeowners. Your water heater is usually set much higher than what you actually need. Reduce it, and you will not only help the environment but save cash!!
Do what you can this Earth Day! Help the planet! And enjoy your weekend!!!!!