In honor of getting Kristin hooked on ginger chews (one of my favorite Trader Joe’s products), I thought I’d contribute a list of ten unique ginger recipes. Try one of these tasty recipes to help you incorporate this beneficial spice into your diet.
- Ginger Jam: If you’re tired of standard grape and strawberry jams, try your hand at this ginger marmalade. The author recommends pairing it with goat cheese on whole grain bread for a wholesome snack.
- Lime, Grapefruit and Ginger Juice: Lime and ginger are a classic combination, but this drink takes it to the next level with the inclusion of tangy grapefruit juice.
- Watermelon with Lime and Ginger Syrup: Watermelon will soon be abundant at local grocery stores and farmers markets. Drizzle this tasty ginger-lime syrup over cold watermelon cubes to pump up your summer snack.
5. Gingered Chicken and Greens Stir-fry: This quick, tasty recipe pairs well with rice or soba noodles for an easy weekday dinner.
7. Ginger Sangria: Mix up your next cocktail party by serving this fruity ginger drink.
8. Ginger Ice Cream: Ginger’s spicy flavor is exceptional in this cool, creamy ice cream. And scooping it over a rich chocolate brownie? Sounds like heaven!
9. Lemon-glazed Gingersnaps: Zesty lemon flavor gives this classic Christmas cookie a citrusy twist, making it a great go-to recipe all year round.
10. Blueberry and Ginger Macarons: Impress the guests at your next dinner party with the quirky combination of blueberries and ginger contained in a classy (and trendy) macaron.
Do you have a tasty ginger based recipe?